Personalized coaching is available in person or on Skype or the telephone.
Do you have questions about pregnancy, birth or the postnatal period? Would you like to be able to ask those questions to an experienced birth professional?
The counseling I give is based on decades of teaching childbirth preparation, providing doula care, facilitating groups and workshops, offering perinatal exercise classes, and feeling passionate about helping childbearing women and their partners have wonderful births.
As a perinatal psychologist, I know that having a baby transforms a woman from the inside out over the course of her pregnancy and birth, especially with her first one. However, mothers having subsequent babies can also benefit from the one-to-one coaching available through private consultations, especially if healing previous birth experiences is an important consideration.
Together we can access resources that help you relax and enjoy a wonderful experience of pregnancy, birth and parenting. You can decide the level of guidance you need – by the week, month or longer.
Some of the benefits of maternity coaching are:
- it can enhance your pregnancy with a custom-made pregnancy plan that evolves as your needs unfold
- it can empower you in making important decisions, through coaching sessions that answer your questions and address your concerns
- we’ll have strategy sessions for planning your birth on your terms, negotiating with care providers, and taking ownership of your birth experience
- it will introduce you to the spiritual and emotional aspects of the journey towards birth and beyond
- it can ease the transition to parenting and the expansion of the family with expert postnatal doula care
- it can assist in accessing other holistic practitioners from a large network of professionals.
Private Birth Preparation Classes
If you are looking for high quality preparation for childbirth, then look no further. As a certified childbirth educator since 1978, I am passionate about teaching classes that are grounded in the practical application of highly informative content about the entire birth process. The main focus is on the mother, but there is also lots of valuable information for fathers/partners on how they can be involved in a purposeful and meaningful way. The emphasis is on empowering both mother and father to give birth in the way that they choose, and we work together to maximise your resources for a happy and healthy birth experience. The classes are taught privately in your home. The content of the classes include:
- relaxation techniques – abdominal breathing, hypnobirthing, and other ways
- understanding the different stages of labour and what you can do during them
- natural pain relief strategies
- active birth, including positions for labour, and how to assist the labouring woman
- common interventions and how to avoid them if you choose
- complications of labour and delivery and ways to avoid them
- communicating with your birth care provider
- postnatal self-care
- baby care
- perinatal mental health
- strengthening the partner relationship
For more information about private consultations or classes, please contact me