Upcoming speaking engagements:
I presented a paper at the Birthkeeper Summit, in Berkeley, California on May 2, 2015. The title of my presentation was: Postpartum Presence: Empowering the Family Space in the Postpartum Period.
The Birthkeeper Summit ran from April 30 – May 3. It was a gathering of people from around the world whose mission is to create a new paradigm for birth and maternal health and featured several generations of birthkeepers, birth activists, social justice activists, indigenous leaders, and more. I am thrilled to have been part of this event that shared my work on the postnatal experience.
- APPPAH Conference, California, November 2013
- North West Local Supervisory Authority – Supervisor
s of Midwives meeting – 25 April, 2013
The Centre, Birchwood Park, Birchwood, Warrington: presentation on “The Role of the Doula”
I am happy to speak on a variety of subjects to diverse audiences, including:
birth, the postnatal period, doulas, empowering birth, perinatal relationship intimacy, perinatal psychology, childbirth education, mothering, spiritual birth, sacred pregnancy, psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, past life regression, ceremonies, Blessingway, and more.
I have presented papers at academic conferences on NHS funded research, such as:
- Society for Academic Primary Care (SAPC) Annual Scientific Meeting, July 2008,“Embracing Qualitative Research in Primary Care: Challenges and Solutions” – digital poster
- NHS Service Delivery Organisation/Health Services Research Network “Delivering Better Health Services” joint conference, June 2008, “Patients, Professionals and the Internet: Renegotiating the Healthcare Encounter” – oral presentation
- The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) Annual National Primary Care Conference, October 2008, “Patient Access to Information: The Future is Now” – oral presentation
- The Royal College of Medicine (RCM), Telemed & eHealth ’08: Optimising Patient-Centred Care – the role of eHealth, November 2008, “Studying E-Health: the Impact of Internet Use on Patient-Professional Interactions and Patient Behaviours” – oral presentation